Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    travelbug is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: How to get the model of the selected checkbox in tree's CheckedChangeHandler event

Answered: How to get the model of the selected checkbox in tree's CheckedChangeHandler event

<div>I am trying to get the tree model whose check box I just checked. I added a CheckedChangedHandler event to the tree to capture this but there doesn't seem to be a method that returns just that one model. I see that there's a getItems() method that returns all the checked items in the tree but is there a way to get the one I just checked? &nbsp;At first I thought the tree.getSelectionModel().getSelectedItem() gave me what I needed but the tree node checked isn't necessarily the item that was selected. I am using GXT 3.0.1.<br><br><br></div>

2. Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! =)

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

There are two slightly different events that fire when check changes, with two slightly different purposes. You've found the CheckChangedEvent, which tells you that "The checked status of this tree has changed, here is the new set of checked items". There is a different one called CheckChangeEvent, which tells "Some item's check property is changing, here is the new status and the node that was modified".

Code:
    tree.addCheckChangeHandler(new CheckChangeHandler<MyData>() {
      @Override
      public void onCheckChange(CheckChangeEvent<MyData> event) {
        MyData clickedItem = event.getItem();
        CheckState state = event.getChecked();
      }
    });

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    travelbug is on a distinguished road

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! =)

Thread Participants: 1