Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bstrappazzon is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Hiding and showing address bar in Safari mobile

Unanswered: Hiding and showing address bar in Safari mobile

Hi all,

I'm developping a mobile web site with sencha Touch 2.0 and I would like to hide the safari mobile address bar when user scroll down and show it back when he scroll up and reach the top of the page.

This is the common behavior of web site with scrolling bar.

I already tried to add this :
    Code:
    viewport : {
            autoMaximize: true
    },
    to my application definition but this is definitively not having the wanted effect as the application shows in fullscreen without address bar but we are not able to make it showing back.

Does anyone has an idea on how to do This?
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who want its mobile webSite to works this way

Thanks a lot

Benjamin

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So it hides the address bar but you can't get back to it?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bstrappazzon is on a distinguished road

Yes, exactly.

On safari mobile, once a web site has a vertical scrolling bar, the address bar scroll down with the entire page on it shows back when you scroll up to the top of the page.

From what I understand, the browser has this behavior if the page height exceed the screen size.
    Tell me if I'm wrong but sencha viewport height just fit the screen height and the scrolling is handle in an inner container by sencha?

Do you have a trick to make this bar showing and hiding when needed?

Anyway thanks for yours answers

Benjamin

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    iluvpinkerton is on a distinguished road

Yes, that is the problem I'm having. I am using automaximize:true which hides the address bar on load. However, I want the bar to pull down again if the user swipes to the top of the page. Is this possible?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice jerome76 is just really nice

One option is to look at a jQuery solution:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9830186/hide-address-bar-in-mobile-safari-when-scrolling-touchoverflow

Hope that helps a little.