Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dato.java is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha GXT Eclipse plugin

Sencha GXT Eclipse plugin

Hello,
    I am developing business application and need visual components plugin in order to use sencha gxt 3.0.1 library. I was unable to find any. Does it exist at all? If yes please give me links

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What is a "visual components plugin"?

If you mean a WYSIWYG editor then there is GXT Designer, but I think it's for 2.x.

If you mean the GXT 3.x API, you can either use Maven or download the JARs directly and add them as dependencies to your Eclipse project. Either way, the API will be available in your code.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dato.java is on a distinguished road

I mean visual plugin which gives me ability to drag and drop visual components

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

As far as I know there is no WYSIWYG designer plugin for GXT in Eclipse or any other IDE for that matter.

Not that you asked, but IMO, designer applications that generate GUI code are great for prototyping but incredibly lousy for production quality code. That said, I've not used GXT's Designer application and cannot speak to the quality of code it generates.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

@icfantv: I agree.

Generated code isn't a good base to create an application.

Thread Participants: 2