You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-284 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    mberrie will become famous soon enough mberrie will become famous soon enough

Default [3.0.0.250] Core classes being added despite exclude -tag core

[3.0.0.250] Core classes being added despite exclude -tag core

EDIT: Meanwhile I tracked down the bug further. The problem is that when using "-debug=[true|false] concat", any exclude statements will be ignored. See post #3.

Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.250
    ExtJs 4.1.1a
    Win 7 x64
    command: 'sencha compile'

Summary

Using 'sencha compile', ExtJs core classes are being added to the compiled output despite explicitly being excluded with 'exclude -tag core'. This worked correctly in 3.0.0.181

Test Case:
    The output of the compiler script below will include several files from src/core which shouldn't be there because 'foundation' and 'core' are excluded via tags.

Code:
    compile
    -cl=extjs-4.1.1a/src,app/
    union
    -r
    -c
    myapp.Application
    and
    exclude
    -tag
    core
    and
    exclude
    -tag
    foundation
    and
    -debug=false
    concat
    -strip
    -compress
    build/all.min.js
    and
    metadata
    -f
    -o
    build/all-dependencies.txt
    Interestingly, it seems to work correctly if we drop the 'concat' and only use metadata. The resulting metadata file will **not** include files from 'src/core'.

Code:
    compile
    -cl=extjs-4.1.1a/src,classes
    union
    -r
    -c
    myapp.Application
    and
    exclude
    -tag
    core
    and
    exclude
    -tag
    foundation
    and
    metadata
    -f
    -o
    build/all-dependencies.txt

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Darren Pruitt is on a distinguished road

I found if you use exclude -file ext/src it works.

Vote Rating

@sencha

Can this pls be confirmed as a bug? It has been a month since the first report.

It seems that the entire '-tag' support is broken - not a minor glitch IMHO.

@Darren
    thx for your help. Does that mean you can confirm the bug?

I am currently testing if exclude -f ext/src/core/src is equivalent to exclude -tag core,foundation.
    We also use tags for excluding certain files from the production build - have to find a workaround for those as well.

Vote Rating

I further tracked down the bug. Any 'exclude' command is ignored if the '-debug=xxx' option on the 'concat' command is used.

This does *not* work (Ext core and foundation classes will be included in the output)
    Code:
    compile union -r -c ClassA and exclude -tag core,foundation and -debug=true concat all.js and metadata -f -o dependencies.txt
    This *does* work
    Code:
    compile union -r -c ClassA and exclude -tag core,foundation and concat all.js and metadata -f -o dependencies.txt
    I found the exact same behavior when using a file path exclude (-f option).

Attached is a test project that show-cases the behavior. I excluded the ExtJs distro from the archive.

Run the build with 'sencha @test.sencha'
    Attached Files

Vote Rating

It is still not working for me in 3.0.1.283.

I can only assume that this bug is specific to my environment and not a general bug. Otherwise I don't understand why I don't get any official feedback.

I am very confused.

It would be very helpful if somebody could run the test setup and verify the behavior (if the bug can be confirmed or not)

Thx

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker to see if we can track it down a bit. We use tagging internally so there is probably something special going on here.

Vote Rating

Tested with 3.0.0.2.288, still same behavior.

This drives me crazy!

I did further tests to eliminate environment-specific issues - no change.
    I also tried to make sense out of this using a 'trace' level log.

However, I think the observation that the compile output works without 'debug=xxx' option, but does not when 'debug=xxx' is added, should already be half the solution. Give me the Java source and I track it down myself

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

This is urgent. I need a way to exclude a file and be damned sure of it.

Please post suggestions or workarounds for us dunces.

Vote Rating

@Don
    Don, thx for opening the bug report.

Please note that I tracked down the bug in my post from Dec 13 2012. My initial report didn't pin down the problem exactly and might lead your team in the wrong direction.
    From your reply I am not sure whether you took notice of that.

@stewardsencha
    Since there is still no helpful reply from Sencha, here is the work-around I found.

If you use a different syntax to configure the 'debug' switch, the excludes will work as expected. Use

-options=debug:false

This works:

Code:
    compile -options=debug:false union -r -c ClassA and exclude -tag core,foundation and concat all.js and metadata -f -o dependencies.txt
    The downside is that the -options argument can only be defined 'globally' for the entire compile statement.

In our project we use two concat statements to create both a production (minified, debug=false) and a 'debug' bundle (uncompressed, debug=true) in one compiler call. Since we can only specify a single -options flag that applies to all 'concat' actions in the compile statement, we currently have to strip 'debug' code from both the production and the debug bundle.