Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    KevinHanson is on a distinguished road

Default Forcing SubSort on click of Grid header?

Forcing SubSort on click of Grid header?

I'm new to ExtJs, so forgive me if I don't have all the jargon down.

I've got a grid (Ext.grid.Panel) and want the columns to be sortable. Simple enough. However, one of the columns is a date column, and no matter what column the user clicks on, I want to FORCE a sub-sort on the date column.

For instance: If I click on the "name" column, it sorts the grid by name, ascending. But I want to make it sort by name asc / date desc.

I've tried numerous ideas I've found online, and I've come close, but nothing seems to work exactly. If I intercept the headerclick event and call grid.sort() manually, it either is ignoring my call, or is re-sorting by the just the single clicked column after my call.

If I set sortable to false, I can still call the sort in the headerclick event, but then I lose the visible sort direction triangle in the header row (which I still want).

Can anyone help?? I'm getting desperate! Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using the UI, it's only going to be single sort.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    KevinHanson is on a distinguished road

Default Working now

Working now

Actually, I figured it out. In a nutshell, I overrode the doSort method for each column I defined with a function that does the sort with my extra sorter (subsort column) tacked on.

for instance, for my first column, called "Poster", if the user clicks the header, this happens:

Code:
    doSort: function (state) {           
                     var g = this.up('grid');
                     var ds = g.store;
                     ds.sort([{
                                 property: 'Poster',
                                 direction: state
                     }, {             
                                 property: 'Date',
                                 direction: 'DESC'
                     }]);
    },
    It sorts by "Poster" in whatever the current direction should be, AND subsorts by the "Date" column descending.

I'll try to put together a simple example on jsFiddle.net when I get a chance and share it here. Hopefully this will help others.

Thread Participants: 1