Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jdtommy is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Performance is terrible in touch 2.0 and 2.1 for our form

Unanswered: Performance is terrible in touch 2.0 and 2.1 for our form

We have a form panel that is somewhat complex. It is geared to be viewed on a tablet. It contains a few other panels that contain 10-15 fields each. If the main form panel is big enough to require the user to scroll the screen, the performance is terrible. The scrolling is jittery and the repainting is boxy. We turned off over scrolling and it didn't help. We were hoping that touch 2.1 would help, but it didn't seem to do much.

If seeing our code would help I have no problem posting it here, but I was asking to see if there were known issues that we need to be watching out for in our project. This project is being built with Architect.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using CSS scrolling in forms actually broke layouts when using the next button in the soft keyboard so therefore we had to turn on the position scrolling so the scrolling is now done in coding which won't be as performant as the CSS scrolling like we have in the dataview or if you have a regular panel scroll.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jdtommy is on a distinguished road

so, basically there is nothing we can do if we are using a form to get it to perform better?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    PabloPerezAdsuar is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have the same problem.. I have a formpanel with 18 textfield and when I try to scroll the view on the tablet, repainting is very slow.

Is there any solution or some practice to improve performance?

Info: Sencha touch 2.3 Build date: 2013-11-08 13:58:42 (d989f4377b0a56f9f540fd415741d1f2db1c7977)

Thank you