Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jwbworks is on a distinguished road

Default Architect 2 touch native app build with sdk tools not working

Architect 2 touch native app build with sdk tools not working

Hello all,

I am trying to get my native app packaged. I am using Architect 2 and have SDK Tools 2 beta 3.

I have my certificates, the android build and the touch sdk. The packaging.json response seems to be working, but nothing is getting pushed to the output directory.

I am using Windows XP on a dell laptop. I have changed my output directory to be everywhere from inside the sdktool folder, to the C:/mobileApp to desktop/mobileApp. Each time I made sure the permissions are not read only on the folder.

here is the output I am getting

Code:
    C:\Program Files\SenchaArchitect>cd "C:/dotnet/bco/PAMobile/" C:\Program Files\SenchaArchitect>sencha & sencha package packager.json Sencha Command v2.0.2 Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc. 
    [4mUsage:
    [24m 
    [31m
    [1msencha [module] [action] [arguments...]
    [22m
    [39m 
    [4mExample:
    [24m sencha fs minify --from app.js --to app-minified.js --compressor closurecompiler 
    [4mAvailable modules:
    [24m 
    [31m
    [1mapp
    [22m
    [39m Resolve application dependencies and build for production 
    [31m
    [1mfs
    [22m
    [39m A set of useful utility actions to work with files. Most commonly used actions are: concat, minify, delta 
    [31m
    [1mmanifest
    [22m
    [39m Extract class metadata 
    [31m
    [1mtest
    [22m
    [39m Unit testing using Jasmine 
    [31m
    [1mgenerate
    [22m
    [39m Automates the generation of projects and files 
    [31m
    [1mpackage
    [22m
    [39m Packages a Sencha Touch 2 application for native app stores For more information on a specific module, simply type: sencha [module] For example: sencha fs For more information on a specific action of a specific module, simply type: sencha [module] [action] For example: sencha fs minify 
    [4mUsage:
    [24m 
    [31m
    [1msencha package [action] [arguments...]
    [22m
    [39m 
    [4mDescription:
    [24m Packages a Sencha Touch 2 application for native app stores 
    [4mAvailable actions:
    [24m 
    [24m(
    [31m
    [1m*
    [22m
    [39m) denotes required parameter 
    [31m
    [1mgenerate
    [22m
    [39m Generates a Packager configuration JSON file -p, --path What to call the configuration file 
    [31m
    [1mbuild
    [22m
    [39m Packages an app with the given configuration JSON file -p, --path What to call the configuration file 
    [31m
    [1mrun
    [22m
    [39m Packages and tries to run the application for the given configuration JSON file -p, --path What to call the configuration file For more information on a specific action, simply type: sencha package [action] For example: sencha package generate
    any thoughts?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

We don't support Beta 3 and since we've upgrade to using Cmd

http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#!/guide/deploy
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jwbworks is on a distinguished road

If you no longer support can I advise you to take down

http://www.sencha.com/products/sdk-tools as you still have this up!!!!

Also reading your info on cmd you have to have 2.01. As I mentioned in the original post we built this app / mobile website with Architect 2. The mobile web has been deployed and we just wanted to package the app. You cant expect all customers to instantly upgrade to a new product line especially when you dont convert overrides (all overrides must be rebuilt in latest architect), you dont clearly document new features, depricated features and clearly dont upgrade documentation to cover new products. So for customers who bought complete you as a company need to continue supporting the older product lines.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

What I mean by not supporting Beta3 is that Architect never supported it which is our right when the product is in Beta.

This does not mean that you can't package your app using SDK Tools v3 Beta 3 from the command line. Just like any other app you built with or without Architect.

With the latest patch release Architect now supports Cmd in a much bigger way but adding a Wizard to get your system and project(s) setup with Cmd.

Again all of this can be done via the command line.

Agreed that Cmd requires a greater version of Touch 2.x, having said that, it's a lot more stable and usable product because of the hooks now built into each framework sdk.

GL
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1