Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    wayne.rudd will become famous soon enough

Curious as to why everyone in this thread is Publishing during development? I just have a browser pointing to the app.html in the project folder - just Save (Ctrl-S) and then refresh the browser window...

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    smarmysam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.rudd View Post
    Curious as to why everyone in this thread is Publishing during development? I just have a browser pointing to the app.html in the project folder - just Save (Ctrl-S) and then refresh the browser window...
    Because we have a way more complex development environment than you?

For starters, I dont do all my work from localhost.

If you have a niaive implementation then sure you have way less hassles, but some of us dont have that luxury.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

smarmysam,

I totally understand your situation and I'm sorry what was already a bad dev cycle has been made worse by Architect.

I've spoken to the Desktop Packager team and future iterations will have a way to stream APIs. This way I can execute a command and have the results returned as js callbacks. Once this is in place we'll have an integrated command window/shell.

I've opened a ticket to return to the dialog for publishing, it's DSGNR-2753

I'm going to play with sending the output to the log (see bottom bar) as an option, this way there will be no pop up at all. It's likely to be an option set by the user.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    smarmysam is on a distinguished road

Nice, thanks once again Phil.

Architect is coming along nicely, I still have a huge wishlist but I use it nearly every day and it does save me time.

Keep up the good work, and never stop refining