Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    paulroth3d is on a distinguished road

Default UX context with Date Picker

UX context with Date Picker

Hi Guys,

So, we've had a couple concerns about the UX of the DatePicker.

Specifically, if you click on the DatePicker, it shows the picker at the bottom, but doesn't give an indication of which input is being updated. (Shown in the following screenshot from the kitchen sink)

DatePickerNoContext.png

This has been resolved by the Select field, as it shows an overlay with an indication of the input being modified.

SelectWithContext.png

Would anyone have any thoughts on whether it is in the works to have the datepicker appear in an overlay like this?

datePickerWithContext.png

Or, would anyone have any thoughts how we could include an overlay with pickers (as it seems they are mutually exclusive and requires writing a complete new component)

thanks,
    Paul

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The picker kind of follows what was in iOS and this is kind of the behavior. Actually what I would try to see if I liked is to affect the z index of the field/label so that is comes above the mask.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1