Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jattardi will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Question about Touch 2.1 and Touch Charts licensing

Answered: Question about Touch 2.1 and Touch Charts licensing

I'm a little confused about the licensing terms. We are using Sencha Touch 2.1 under the free commercial license. When I downloaded it, it looks like Charts was included in the download (the chart/ and draw/ packages are in the 'src' directory).

But looking at the license terms, it says that Charts is only available under the GPL license or Sencha Complete. Why is it included in the free commercial distribution then? Is it just to have one package, but you have to have a license to actually use it?

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

2. Charts are available with a watermark in our GPL version of Touch 2.1. They can be used without a watermark in our Sencha Complete package. They should not be available in our Commercial distribution. That package has the chart and draw folders, but they are empty.

Thanks!
    Greg

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    greg.barry has a spectacular aura about greg.barry has a spectacular aura about

Charts are available with a watermark in our GPL version of Touch 2.1. They can be used without a watermark in our Sencha Complete package. They should not be available in our Commercial distribution. That package has the chart and draw folders, but they are empty.

Thanks!
    Greg

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jattardi will become famous soon enough

Makes sense, thanks. Sorry I didn't think to look in the directories first.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    info@ferraresegroup.com is on a distinguished road

So, it's the reason that iOSSimulator don't work if is there inside the app a chart?