Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    rmalhotr is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Access-Control-Allow-Origin header when building with Sencha Cmd

Unanswered: Access-Control-Allow-Origin header when building with Sencha Cmd

Hello,
    I've been working on a sencha touch app that is supposed to make an ajax call to a pre-existing xml based service. My question is that if I want to set Access-Control-Allow-Origin header in the web server that I need to call, what domain origin should I allow it from? My touch app will be deployed in the app store, I don't want to say Access-Control-Allow-Origin header: * since that would open for all domains. If my app is going to be downloaded from the app store and run from a consumer's cell phone what will be the origin?

thanks,

Rahul

Answers
    Vote Rating
    bluehipy will become famous soon enough bluehipy will become famous soon enough

On the server side you have to reflect the host from which the request was made.

Vote Rating
    rmalhotr is on a distinguished road

I don't get it, if the app is going to be downloaded from the App Store then what do I put on server side for the value of Access-Control-Allow-Origin?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    bluehipy will become famous soon enough bluehipy will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by rmalhotr View Post
    I don't get it, if the app is going to be downloaded from the App Store then what do I put on server side for the value of Access-Control-Allow-Origin?
    Doesn't matter where you download the application from. All it matters is where it runs from.

And if it runs on devices I think you might not have the Allow origin issue at all anyway.

Thread Participants: 1