Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-3840 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    busaware1 is on a distinguished road

Ouch - looks like I may have the same problem

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...s-White-Screen

is there any work-around / resolution to this?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    busaware1 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I hope this helps someone but by a slow and painful process of elimination it turned out that including this line in my controller caused the WSOD.
    Code:
     requires: [
    // CAUSES BREAK 'Ext.device.Connection'
    ]
    commenting this line out caused the app to work again from a shortcut on the home screen.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is so?

thx

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough

Good find, Sencha support has been completely silent on the issue. I don't have that requires to remove. WSOD is still there. This experience is leaving a bad impression.

Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sdebois is on a distinguished road

Default Same issue

Same issue

please fix asap as this prevents us to upgrade to ST 2.1
    Launch from home screen is critical for our app!
    thx

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    roboboot is on a distinguished road

Default Same issue

Same issue

Same for me

I cannot find the requires string in app.js, so the workaround doesn't work for me.

Please solve the problem!

If someone find another workaround please provide it on this thread.

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cormip is on a distinguished road

Default Also seen in Kitchen Sink example...

Also seen in Kitchen Sink example...

Loading: http://cdn.sencha.io/touch/sencha-touch-2.1.0/examples/kitchensink/index.html

I
    t seems to behave like a race condition is occurring. On refresh, sometimes the page loads, other times I get the WSOD. When it does load, it takes a long time for the page to render (from a white screen) after the browser has indicated it has finished loading the page; ie ~8-15 seconds AFTER the browser has stopped "spinning/loading".

I was able to duplicate the problem on my own Android phone running ICS as well as on my desktop using the Android SDK emulator.

Paul

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    roboboot is on a distinguished road

Default Any news?

Any news?

Any news about this huge bug? Please update us, we have the production chain stopped

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MikeLowery is on a distinguished road

Exclamation PLEASE fix this ASAP!

PLEASE fix this ASAP!

This defect is preventing us from installing our first Sencha Touch application at a major steel firm, and from being able to demonstrate to a current client who is a major financial services firm. This is critical to having production web applications running on iPads. This is a a #1 prior issue for us.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough

the quick and dirty fix is to remove all references to Ext.Device from sencha-touch-all.js. All functions are in one place. Remove and save. Make sure your project references the newly modified .js file vs their CDN link.

I am extremely dissapointed with how Sencha handled (not handled) this problem. It's been over a month and half since I reported this problem... still nothing. They should have released an emergency hotfix to their framework... or at a minium. the CDN code base. Their silence on the issue is troubling. I'm beginning to see a track record here with how they handle support issues .. especially ones that deserve an immediate response effecting users production code.

Hope that helps
    John