Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eaglefox12 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to get value of a combobox in a proxy store?

Unanswered: How to get value of a combobox in a proxy store?

I have a store that sends a parameter to my controller. When I define my store

Code:
        proxy: {
                    type: 'ajax',
                    scope: this,
                    url: 'My/GetData',
                    extraParams: {
                        parametervalue: Ext.getCmp('Combo').getValue() //something similar
                       }
              }
    I am not updating the store on combo selection. Or else I could have just added a listener on combo and updated the store.
    I want to get the value of the combobox when the grid is loaded. It also works with paging, so when the user hits next page the store loads the second page "with" the selected value in the combobox, which it passes to my controller.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So the store is already created so the getValue is going to happen too soon correct? You could have a beforeload event listener to add in a param.

Or when the change event fires on the combo, add that value to the extraParams of the store.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eaglefox12 is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell... thanks for your response... i think i know what you are talking about but not sure how to go about doing that on extjs... m totally new to this.. could you please show me an example of what you just explained... i'd really appreciate... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    So the store is already created so the getValue is going to happen too soon correct? You could have a beforeload event listener to add in a param.

Or when the change event fires on the combo, add that value to the extraParams of the store.

Thread Participants: 1