You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-3741 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    in4p will become famous soon enough

Default ST2.1 List does not work on Blackberry Playbook

ST2.1 List does not work on Blackberry Playbook

REQUIRED INFORMATION
    Version tested:
    • Sencha Touch 2.1

Devices tested against:
    • Blackberry Playbook(2.1.0.1088)
    • iOS (5.1.1)
    • Android (2.3.5)

Description:
    • List component does not function correctly on the Blackberry Playbook. The list appears, but there are no items populated in it.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • See attached source code for skeleton app demonstrating issue.

The result that was expected:
    • Should see list with items (as seen on iOS and Android)

The result that occurs instead:
    • See white screen. Inspection of the DOM reveals that the list was created but is not populated with any elements.

See this URL for live test case: http://inotforprofit.com/bbtest/production
    Attached Files

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Please update the bug. I have confirmed that it is the Dataview that does not work.
    Test url: http://inotforprofit.com/bbtest/production2

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    drlarsen is on a distinguished road

This bug report is flagged as a duplicate, however I can't find the original. Could someone point me to the original bug report?

Also, is there any way to find out the status of a fix? This bug completely breaks our app on Playbooks, which are listed as supported device. I'm hoping a fix or workaround will be available soon.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Our workaround is to deploy a separate version of our app under the ST2.0.1.1 codeset. In all honesty it completely sucks having to maintain a second codeset to support the playbook, especially when we spent a lot of time migrating to using some of the enhancements in ST2.1, but it's all we have for now.

I've heard from some of my contacts in RIM that they MAY (fingers crossed) eventually migrate the Playbook to the BB10 OS, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm also not holding my breath that this bug is actually going to get fixed.

But I would love to have someone from Sencha weigh in!

Quote Originally Posted by drlarsen View Post
    This bug report is flagged as a duplicate, however I can't find the original. Could someone point me to the original bug report?

Also, is there any way to find out the status of a fix? This bug completely breaks our app on Playbooks, which are listed as supported device. I'm hoping a fix or workaround will be available soon.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    CRH is on a distinguished road

Default Any word on a fix for this?

Any word on a fix for this?

Spent quite a bit of time upgrading an app to find out lists do not work....