Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    samseena is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Find the flex width

Unanswered: Find the flex width

I am having a page where I have a navigation on the left hand side and an image gallery that displays images in a grid format. The Image grid has a flex equal to 7.

I need to find the flex width or the width of the page on the right hand side. SO that I need to fill this entire width with the images.

Please help me in finding the width of the flex. (eg. if flex = 7, what is the flexwidth/width?)

Appreciate your reply.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If on item has flex : 7 then it's width is dependent on the value of flex and width of the other items.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The problem what I am facing exactly is that I need to find the width of the data view item on the right.
    i.e I have a navigation bar on the left and the grid view on the right.
    I give an id: 'ImGrid' for the data view item (Ext.dataview.Dataview). On page load, I am not able to fetch the width using 'Ext.get('ImGrid').getWidth();

Please let me know if there are any other ways to find the page width in this case

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I solved this issue

on the "beforeInitialize" function I used the "painted" event and I was able to get the width.

beforeInitialize: function(config) {
    this.on('painted', 'onImgPainted', this);
    },
    onImgPainted: function () {
    var screen_width = Ext.get('ImGrid').getWidth();
    this.handleOrientationImgGrid(screen_width);
    },

Thread Participants: 1