Vote Rating
    Brett Hannah is on a distinguished road

Default Can Sencha Command be used to build an Architect application?

Can Sencha Command be used to build an Architect application?

I've seen a couple of posts on this topic but all seem focused on a user specific problem.

I would like to ask the general question:
    Can Sencha Command be used to build an Architect application?

From my initial investigation the answer would seem to be no.
    Could anyone provide some clarity on this and if the answer is yes (via a clean out of the box solution or otherwise) provide a few steps on how this is achievable.

Many thanks,
    Brett Hannah
    LinkedIn
    EdgeUX

FYI at this time the current versions are Architect: v2.10 Build 676 and Sencha Command v3.0.0.250
    Brett Hannah LinkedIn
    EdgeUX

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#!/guide/deploy

this ability is only built into Architect for touch 2.1+ if you're using touch 2.0.x then it's still possible you simply need to follow the instructions here - http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-1/#!/guide/command

if by build you mean "sencha compile" then you'll need to make one slight modification which can be found here - http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...md-v3&p=901360
    re: Other Notes
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    Brett Hannah is on a distinguished road

Thanks Phil.

I haven't gone through the instructions in detail but I get the impression it's all very Sencha Touch centric. Is this also possible with an ExtJS application built in architect?
    Brett Hannah LinkedIn
    EdgeUX

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Very possible from the command line. 4.2 will have added support and be Sencha Cmd ready and thus we will add the Cmd setup to those projects.

We'll also make upgrading from 4.0,4.1 to 4.2 a breeze by updating config names and handlers. We have a whole system based on Esprima in place for Architect 2.2
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Now Extjs 4.2 and Sencha Architect 2.2 are released. I'm having the same question. I have a couple of projects created by SA. So is there anything that Sencha command can do for these projects? And also I found a build button on the SA 2.2 toolbar. It seems nothing happened when I clicked that button.

Thanks.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by elgs View Post
    Now Extjs 4.2 and Sencha Architect 2.2 are released. I'm having the same question. I have a couple of projects created by SA. So is there anything that Sencha command can do for these projects? And also I found a build button on the SA 2.2 toolbar. It seems nothing happened when I clicked that button.

Thanks.
    I will let Phil fill you in re: Cmd because that is his area of expertise.

The "Build" button will essentially open all of your instances which have yet to be loaded and save them generating their code on disk. The problem is that with large projects, if you only had metadata checked in you need a way to generate the code on disk. We considered naming this "Generate" and might change it down the line to make it more intuitive.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

elgs,

We found some issues with Architect projects and Cmd 3.1 which is why that version of Cmd has yet to be released out of beta. Expect an update to Architect and Cmd in the next few days.

Cmd 3.0.* should continue to work if you follow instructions here -- http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Sencha-Cmd-v3
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

Ok, I now have Architect 2.2 and Cmd 3.1 but I do not understand the "build" button.

From Aaron's comments above I would think that the "build" button has no relation to the "sencha app build" in Cmd.

If I'm guessing right, I need to push the "build" button instead of the "save" button and then go to terminal and do "sencha app build" also. If this is the case then "build" seems inappropriate for that button.

If I have all my code generated and stored in git, then the "save" button might be enough by just saving the changes?

Am I seeing this correctly?

Worth

Vote Rating

Worth,

You have it completely correct. Yes Build button does seem inappropriate and we had internal debates on this.

Build button: Does a full load of the project and then saves all changes to metadata and generates javascript output in the app directory

Save button: Saves all changes to metadata and generates javascript for those components that are loaded placing output in the app directory
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect