Hybrid View

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shmeltex is on a distinguished road

Default add method may not be called on a buffered store

add method may not be called on a buffered store

In ExtJS 4.1.3 ext-all-dev raises exception when trying to add a record to the buffered store. Is there a reason why adding records is bad practice? Should insert​ be used instead?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK you are messing with the page maps of data when adding.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    david.holland@tch.com is on a distinguished road

Default Please elaborate

Please elaborate

Please invest more effort into maintaining backwards compatibility as you produce future releases; I have invested a lot of time into learning and using this framework, but I frequently get the impression you are treating it more like an application library for a couple of special clients than taking seriously the amount of pain you cause when you rip out major functionality like this.

Having the ability to use "buffered" data stores to do batch type updates to my server is a huge win for me in ext-4.0.7; and now I also need to solve this problem... Time to diff the code and subclass Ext.data.Store, or could you recommend a better approach to using the data store interface to do
    time deferred batch updates.