Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nerdy117 is on a distinguished road

Default Installing Sencha SDK and Generating the GS App

Installing Sencha SDK and Generating the GS App

I recently downloaded the Sencha SDK and the SDK tools. I installed the SDK tools, and unzipped the contents of the file sencha-touch-2.1.0-commercial.zip to my web server. I cd'd into the directory and ran the command given to generate a getting started app, but that didn't work. Upon using the "sencha" command, I receive this message:

Code:
    abe@Dubai:/var/www/sencha-touch-sdk$ sencha[WARN] The current working directory (/var/www/sencha-touch-sdk) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode.Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3Copyright (c) 2012 Sencha Inc.....followed by all the info on how to structure commands using sencha

I Googled it, and found out that one of the ways sencha knows that it's the sencha sdk folder is that it contains a hidden file called .sencha, which my sdk directory was missing. After creating a blank .senchasdk file I ran the command again, but this time I got:

Code:
    abe@Dubai:/var/www/sencha-touch-sdk$ senchanode.js:201 throw e; // process.nextTick error, or 'error' event on first tick ^Error: Cannot find module '/var/www/sencha-touch-sdk/command/sencha.js'    at Function._resolveFilename (module.js:332:11) at Function._load (module.js:279:25) at Array.0 (module.js:479:10) at EventEmitter._tickCallback (node.js:192:40)

The interesting thing to me is that it's looking for a "command" directory which doesn't exist in my SDK folder. Is there something wrong with the sdk I downloaded? Or is there a compatibility issue between it and the SDK tools?

I'm using Ubuntu linux by the way. I hope this isn't as silly of a question as I think it is, I did my best to research the issue. And by the way, I AM able to visit the sencha-touch-sdk directory in my browser and I do see the documentation.

Forgive me for the messed up formatting for the messages, it's the result of copy-paste from another source besides the terminal window.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

For use with ST 2.1.0, you shouldn't use the SDK Tools but should use Sencha Cmd
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nerdy117 is on a distinguished road

Why thank you good sir, I didn't know that. It's not very clear on the website for beginners as to what software is to be used together

Thread Participants: 1