You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-7822 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member Fredric Berling's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Fredric Berling has a spectacular aura about Fredric Berling has a spectacular aura about

Default Controllers can be initialized twice

Controllers can be initialized twice

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.1.3

Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome

Description:
    • a controllers init function is runned again if you access a controller with the full namespace.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Have a controller loaded with controllers:['document.Main'] in your Ext.applications
    • Access the controller with App.getController('app.controller.document.Main');

The result that was expected:
    • That init was NOT runned when just doing getController

The result that occurs instead:
    • Init() is runned again. I suspect the Controller get registered again because the key in the Controller Manager does not match.

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Possible fix:
    • Access controllers with the shorter namespace name . Not the full.

Operating System:
    • Mac OSx

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Here are my steps to reproduce:
    1. Generate a new app using Cmd
    2. In app.js add var controller = this.getController('MyApp.controller.Main'); to a the launch method

The key in the controllers mixed collection has Main but since you are using MyApp.controller.Main it doesn't find the key as Main !== MyApp.controller.Main
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1