Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DiscoBoy is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: DIfferent models for TreeNodes (Nested data associations)

Unanswered: DIfferent models for TreeNodes (Nested data associations)

Hello,

after already tweaked my code a lot to get this working I noticed a new behavior in this issue with 4.1. I want to achieve a Tree, where the root of the TreeStore is of the model "MAP". All subsequent children nodes should be of the type "LAYER". Of course I have configured the TreeStore with one model, the model "MAP" and the MAP/LAYER models are associated (hasMany/belongsTo)

When I want to load new maps, I set a new RootNode (JSON object). NOW COMES THE PROBLEM: All the nested data is interpreted as MAP models. I have no clue how I could set a modell/class type on my children node so they become LAYERs. This was the behavior in Ext 4.0 and party in 4.1...
    My solution was a decorate function, copying my LAYER properties & methods to each child node (similar to the NodeInterface decoration)

What changed in 4.1 is that when I later dynamically add a new node (for instance by dragging a LAYER model on the tree), the new node SUDDENLY KEEPS its model type (in most cases)

This is all very awkward and working with trees seems to be a total mess in ExtJS 4.X so far. But of course it could also be that I simply missed a config which would turn all my nested children in the desired model...

Help ver much appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The TreeStore will only be able to use 1 model.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DiscoBoy is on a distinguished road

The strage thing is then, that since 4.1 sometimes I have different models in the tree when inserting nodes later (Drag &Drop, etc). Is it planned to have more models and make use of model relationships in the future?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Probably out of scope for Ext JS 4.x
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.