Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Razr is on a distinguished road

Default Adding component to NestedList' items - rendering fails

Adding component to NestedList' items - rendering fails

The result that was expected:
    In Sencha Touch 2.0.1 I could pass an component derived from Ext.form.fieldset (containing two selectlists and a textbox) to the items collection of a NestedList component as following:

Code:
    listConfig: {
        // Other configuration options
        items: [
            {
                xtype: 'productsearch',
            }
        ],
    }
    This would cause the fieldset containing the three components being added on top of the list, and nicely scrolling together with the list items (which are loaded via a Store).

The result that occurs instead:
    After upgrading to Sencha 2.1, this no longer works. There is no error message thrown, but the list items are shown on top/over of the 'productsearch'-component. The component is also not interactable (prob. since the list items are rendered over it) and does not scroll with the list.

Please let me know if you require any further information. Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

What does the product search look like?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The snippet below is a simplified (for the sake of minimal code) version of the 'productsearch' I mentioned before. I still can reproduce the bug using this component.

Code:
    Ext.define('My.app.view.product.search', {
        extend: 'Ext.form.FieldSet',
        xtype: 'productsearch',
        config: {
            items: [
                {
                    xtype: 'searchfield',
                    id: 'productquery',
                    placeHolder: 'start typing...'
                }
            ]
        }
    });
    The search field appears under - but visible - the NestedList and the list items scroll over the field. The field is also not moving. Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

By coincedence I found the solution in another thread in Q&A. It turns out that for 2.1 you have to add the following properties to the component you want to add to the list:

Code:
    scrollDock: 'top',
    docked: 'top'

This seems to do the trick. I think it would be good if there was a section telling us about those changes when upgraden from 2.0.* to 2.1? For ex. I cannot find anything in regard to the 'scrollDock' property in the documentation? Anyhow, thanks for your help.

Thread Participants: 1