Threaded View

Answers
    Vote Rating
    Arg0n will become famous soon enough Arg0n will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Store global load event in MVC

Answered: Store global load event in MVC

I want to listen on load of all stores. Is there a way I can do it in a MVC structure? :x

I already thought about extending from the 'Ext.data.Store' class, but it wont work, because the class extinding it needs to be a store itself. So I read about the observable class, but this seems to be the wrong way too...
    I don't want to register a load listener for each store I have... I would lik eto have global load listener.

2. I tested just now with the following and it worked for me (using ExtJS 4.1.1a - I think you need 4.1.1 or higher for Ext.application's init method to fire - was a bug fix)

inside my Ext.application - moved setting up the global variable.app (MYAPP.app) to the init function of Ext.application instead.
    Code:
    init: function () {
        var me = this;
        MYAPP.app = me;
        Ext.data.StoreManager.on('add', function (i, store) {
            store.on('load', function () {        // or datachanged or whatever you want
                LARGE.app.fireEvent('storeload', store);
            });
        });
    }
    Now from any controller you can add a listener for 'storeload'. The below snippet I put in one of my controller's init function
    Code:
    me.application.on('storeload', function (store) { console.log(store); });
    That's how I saw ... I think Tommy Maintz ... can't remember ... fire and handle application level events and it's worked well for me.

Thread Participants: 2