Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Monti123 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Dynamically identifying value of an item which is in the center of a list

Unanswered: Dynamically identifying value of an item which is in the center of a list

Hi,

I want to create a horizontal list of values, in a way that the middle item will be the "chosen" one, I will be able to find out which one is it and what its value.

And I want this item to adjust itself to the middle of the screen. In a way that after scrolling, the closest item to the middle is animated to the middle (by scrolling) and its value is accessible.

I've been trying to play with a list component, but there were 2 problems:
    1. I couldn't detect which item is closest to the middle.
    2. I couldn't move it dynamically, for some reason this.scroll.scrollTo({x:0, y:0}, true); didn't work. I need it to work so I adjust it's position so it'll be 100% in the center.

I thought about using a carousel which is not 100% width, if there is such a thing.

I know it's not an easy one, but since this forum surprises me every time again and again I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks in advance!!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

List doesn't have a scroll property, you may need list.getScrollable().getScroller()

You can get the width of the list and then determine the range that a list can take to be in the middle and loop through the list items to find which is at that position.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Monti123 is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell,

For some reason list.getScrollable().getScroller() didn't work.

I tried to do something like:

xtype: 'list',

listeners:{

itemtouchend: function ( me, index, target, record, e, eOpts )
    {
    console.log('touch end');
    me.getScrollable().getScroller().scrollTo({x:0, y:0}, true);
    },

Didn't work.

There are other obstacles, how can I get the width of the list? and how can I know for each item, where it starts and ends?

I was thinking about a different solution, maybe a dataview comprised of dataitems, in which each item has a listener that checks if this item, after movement has stopped, covers the point of width 50% of the screen (right in the middle), and if it returns true, than I can animate the middle of the dataitem there. What do you think of this direction and if you think that's feasible, what's the best way to implement?

Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1