Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    szimek is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: How pass additional parameters to index action in Rest proxy?

Answered: How pass additional parameters to index action in Rest proxy?

Hi,

I'd like to add a static param to be sent when fetching records using Rest proxy. I tried adding it to "extraParams" in proxy config, but then they are sent on *every* request, while I want them to be sent only on index action.

Also, I'm currently dynamically adding authentication token to every request in "beforeload" and "beforesync" listeners (it sucks that extraParams can't be a function that returns an object).

What's the best way to add custom params just to "index" requests?

Cheers,
    Szymon

2. As the docs state, extraParams will be included in every request so yes, you would have to listen to beforeload/beforesync to add params to the request.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

As the docs state, extraParams will be included in every request so yes, you would have to listen to beforeload/beforesync to add params to the request.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    szimek is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

It sucks that extraParams can't be a function, because now I have to set the same thing in beforeload and beforesync handlers. It would be awesome if I could do something like this:

Code:
    config: {
      extraParams: function () {
        return { auth_token: MyApp.user.getAuthToken() }
      }
    }
    and then just add additional filtering params to index requests in beforeload handlers.

Thread Participants: 1