Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tsheal is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Updates not reflected on iOS Simulator after rebuild

Unanswered: Updates not reflected on iOS Simulator after rebuild

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Sencha issue or a Phonegap issue. I am working on a project using Phonegap 2.2.0 & Sencha Touch 2.1. Whenever I make a change in a JS file and rebuild the project using Xcode, in order for the change to be reflected in the iOS simulator I have to uninstall the old version first.

Is this a known issue? How do I solve it?

Thanks,
    Tristan

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't really sound like a Touch issue. Is the app still running? If you tap on the home button twice is the app still there?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tsheal is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your reply. The issue occurs regardless I whether the app is running, closed but I'm background or shutdown completely.

It only updates properly if I remove the app first.

Thanks
    Tristan

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    troyhfore is on a distinguished road

I have gotten inconsistent results from the combination of XCode/PhoneGap/Sencha unless I do this. Sometimes the app would immediately exit in the sim, sometimes the code changes wouldn't be reflected. So my workflow now is to create the Sencha app, and work on it in the browser for a while, then when I get to a testing point, I'll have Sencha cmd build the package. I've got the PhoneGap project pointing it's www directory to the package output directory via a symlink. So when I want to test in the simulator, I switch to XCode, clean the build, then hit run in simulator. It's a little longer, but the Sencha code is decoupled from the XCode project and the PhoneGap code, plus I don't have to spend the extra time wondering why things aren't working right in the simulator when I know the code I just wrote is there.

Thread Participants: 2