Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    samseena is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: showBy() panel - Position the floating panel closer to the button

Unanswered: showBy() panel - Position the floating panel closer to the button

Hi,
    I m having a panel which I showby a button. But by default, its comes with an offset, ie. the panel is having some offset/distance from the button close to which it is shown. Please help me how to move the panel more closer towards the button.

This the code.
    var btn = Ext.get('button_1');
    var panel = Ext.create('Ext.Panel', {
    top: 0,
    left: 0,
    modal: true,
    hideOnMaskTap:true,

items: [
    {
    docked: 'top',
    xtype: 'toolbar',
    cls: 'toolbar',
    style: 'width: 100%;',
    items: [
    {
    xtype: 'button',
    text: "Cancel",

}
    ]
    }
    ]
    }).showBy(btn);

Also any idea on the different types of positioning of the panels? like bc-tc?/tc-bc? etc

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The different positions won't matter, the offset used in position calculation matters.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    samseena is on a distinguished road

Ok, but I need to know how is it possible to move the arrow pointer closer towards the button?
    or How to reduce the default offset?

Thread Participants: 1