Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    marccardona is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha Workspace

Unanswered: Sencha Workspace

Hi there!
    I'm developing an application with Sencha Touch 2.1.0 (Commercial Edition) with my Mac OSX Lion.

My problem is related with the auto-generated directory "touch" (Where the sdk is copied when an app is created). When I create an app (with the command: sencha generate app PhoneGapTest/Sites/Sencha/PhoneGapTest) the framework generates the directory called "touch" with the copy of the sdk (if not exists yet) outside my app directory.
    The problem is that I want to have this sdk copy inside my application root directory (for each new application), basically i don't want a workspace.

CURRENT TREE DESIRED TREE
    "Sites" (Web Server Dir)
    • "touch" (SDK Copy Dir)
    • "PhoneGapTest" (App Root Dir)
    • "OtherApp" (Other App Dir)
    "Sites" (Web Server Dir)
    • "PhoneGapTest" (App Root Dir)
      • "touch" (SDK Copy Dir)
    • "OtherApp" (Other App Dir)
      • "touch" (SDK Copy Dir)
    I know that i can fix it manually by changing all the files references to the "touch" dir (inside index.html, app.js, etc...) bu it is very annoying.

Is this caused by the workspace configuration? there is any way to remove or change the workspace to the new-created app directory itself?

Thank you in advance!
    Marc Cardona Ariza.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You would need to first create a workspace and then create apps within that workspace. Check out the 'Workspaces in Sencha Cmd' guide in the docs.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Greg Arnott is on a distinguished road

Ironically, I'd like the exact opposite. Build times are making me cringe with the size of the backups etc - and updating the repo takes ages.

Currently have /sdk/ and /touch/ inside my app folder since updating the project from 2.0 to 2.1 yesterday. I know I can eventually remove /sdk/ once I untangle and remove all the references to the old...

Using Cmd I've been able to set up a complete test working environment as I'd like to use it on my local.

The problem?
    The app was created using Architect.

Is there anyway to convert Architect driven projects into "lighter" variants, with the app itself resourcing from a parent directory?

Am I left with manually configuring which files should be archived and which are static/ignored?

Regards,
    Greg

P.S. I'm a little rusty with Sencha Touch. Was using it a couple of years ago, then chose other frameworks as the docs here were vague and the copy of Sencha Touch in Action I'd ordered to fill the blanks kept delaying release. I know there's updates in MEAP... the latest one had too many instances of images missing and references such as "I'll go into this in detail later" - and that later not existing - too often for something I wanted clarification for.