Hi,

I have a problem with GXT SimpleComboBox which I'm not sure is a bug or a (unexpected) feature. I have the example code below, which should work out of the box if you put it inside onModuleLoad() of your GWT entry point.

I add 10 items to the combo box and whenever I select one of them I get a matching item and item index in the Log.info() statements. However, when one of the items is selected and the combo box loses focus because I temporarily switch to another window (using the Mac version of Alt-Tab) the combo box expands with a single item (the currently selected one). This is illustrated in the following figure

combo.png

When I go back to the browser window (where the combo box is displayed), the combo box remains selected and expanded with a single item (as in the figure). If I press Enter the Log.info() prints the correct item (Item 5) but not the correct item index (0). It seems that the combo box ListStore suddenly contains only a single item instead of 10.

I do not understand this behavior. If anyone has some ideas about this I would be very glad to hear about it.

Thanks,

Ralph

Code:

final SimpleComboBox<String> comboBox 
       = new SimpleComboBox<String>(new LabelProvider<String>()
    {
      @Override
      public String getLabel(String s)
      {
        return s;
      }
    });

comboBox.setForceSelection(true);
    comboBox.setEmptyText("Select item...");
    comboBox.setTriggerAction(ComboBoxCell.TriggerAction.ALL);

for(int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
    {
      comboBox.getStore().add("Item " + i);
    }

comboBox.addSelectionHandler(new SelectionHandler<String>()
    {
      @Override
      public void onSelection(SelectionEvent<String> event)
      {
        String item = event.getSelectedItem();

Log.info("selectedItem: " + item);
        Log.info("selectedIndex: " + comboBox.getStore().indexOf(item));
      }
    });

RootPanel.get().add(comboBox);