Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    dwb is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Sencha Command Not Generating All Images

Answered: Sencha Command Not Generating All Images

Greetings,

I'm onboard with ExtJs 4.1.1a and Sencha Command 3.0.0.250.

Using the Sencha Command tool, I was able to quickly build my custom CSS and auto-generated themed images (sencha theme build). The problem is, not all the images are getting generated.

Mostly, these are small, button-type images used in the header of panels, toolbars, and other items like checkboxes and radio buttons.

Here's several examples, just so we are clear:
    • tool-sprites.gif
    • scroll-right.gif
    • slider-thumb.png
    • s-handle.gif
    I understand that "Sencha Slice" has had issues, so my assumption was that with the birth of it's better brother, "Sencha Command", that ALL the images would be accounted for.

Is this not the case?

Does the theme's "manifest.js" file need to be updated with more x-types? Are the above images not getting sliced because they haven't been included in the manifest.js file? Can I fill in these gaps in the manifest.js file to get the ALL the images to theme properly?

I've read about including my own "custom UI components" in the manifest.js so that Sencha Command can slice them to, but, what about the core images (listed above)?

And lastly, in Sencha's Docs, @ http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/guide/command_app there is a chart showing the new project structure listed out. Each item in the structure is conveniently commented. I find this very helpful but ... The "manifest.js" file listed here (appname/resources/theme/manifest.js) has a comment next to it that states "# Generated (do not edit)".

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct because, elsewhere in the Docs, it's discussed how to edit manifest.js so that custom UI components get themed along with the rest of the xtypes.

Thanks for any and all comments regarding my confusion.

2. Slicer is still working but the change of what is calling has changed. Slicer hasn't been changed since the last update before Cmd but has improved greatly just by using it within Cmd. Not saying there aren't bugs still.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Slicer is still working but the change of what is calling has changed. Slicer hasn't been changed since the last update before Cmd but has improved greatly just by using it within Cmd. Not saying there aren't bugs still.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1