Hybrid View

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2651 in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Default Grid with ComboBox and one Row can fail to display drop-down.

Grid with ComboBox and one Row can fail to display drop-down.

GXT
    GXT 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT : 11/29/2012
    (Also GXT 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT: 11/22/2012)
    I did NOT see this issue with GXT 3.0.2

GWT
    GWT 2.4.0

Browser
    Internet Explorer 8
    Windows 7 - 64 bit

I create a grid with a combo-box in the grid. If the grid has 1 row in it, the combo-box will blur when trying to select the drop-down icon. It doesn't always happen, but does happen rather frequently for me (more so in our actual application, than in this test application, making me wonder if more events going on causing this issue to occur more in other situations).

I have also seen this in scenarios with more than 1 row, but it does seem much more apparent when there is only 1 row in the grid.

The grid is given an explicit width and height.

Again, click on the first cell to get the drop-down to display. Then click on the drop-down arrow (to expose the drop-down). Instead of the drop-down appearing, the combo box disappears. The "onBlur" event does fire, but the grid's onCompleteEdit does not.

I had reported an issue similar to this with GXT 3.0.0 - 3.0.2 where browser zoom was in place. The issue there was making sure the grid was giving or provided a width and height. In this case, the width and height are provided. In my application code the width and height have been set explicitly as well as determined by the parent component. In both cases, this error occurs.

Step1.pngStep2.pngGridComboBoxIssue.zip

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

I've been able to reproduce the issue. It seems related to how fast you open the ComboBox - when double clicking, for example, it usually occurs.

I'm able to consistently reproduce this using the following steps:
    * focus on the combobox by clicking once
    * focus on the text field by clicking once
    * focus on the combo box again, by clicking once
    * click a second time in the combo box - in addition to not opening the combobox dropdown, you'll generally lose focus in the main area of the text field too.

I can also confirm that I'm unable to reproduce this in 3.0.2, so it is a regression. We'll be working hard to fix this before putting out another release, or we'll be reverting the change that introduced it to ensure that we dont add new behavioral issues in 3.0.3.

We'll update this thread with any progress to report - I'd also appreciate independent confirmation that I have got the right (and most flexible) set of steps

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

We have a fix for this in SVN and the recent nightly builds. If you get the chance, please confirm, as we hope to perform a release with it soon.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have the nightly build for 3.0.3 and it is dated 12/6 22:40. Please confirm that has this fix, and will try this out this afternoon.

Thanks.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

Yes - according to my records, this was the first nightly build where this fix was available.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Better, but NOT fixed (according to my testing)

Better, but NOT fixed (according to my testing)

Internet Explorer 8
    3.0.3-SNAPSHOT 12/6/2012 10:37
    Both Production and Development modes
    Windows 7, 64 bit

I am currently testing in our application, not the test case I provided (will try that next).

According to my testing, this is NOT fixed. However, it is better. It seems like wants it works, it works. But the first first clicks/selections it will fail.

I then refresh the browser (start over with GWT) and I can get the errors again. However, once the drop-downs work, then they seem to be fine (until the next refresh of the page). This is better than it was before, since it would always occur.

While the drop-downs are not working they seem to flash at the 0,0 coordinate (similar to another bug I reported).

I will not bring up my test environment and try to test it from there to verify in a more controled environment, to see if I can reproduct it.

Thread Participants: 1