Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    novadys-sbu is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Ok, so I'm a n00b. MVC and PHP backend problems

Answered: Ok, so I'm a n00b. MVC and PHP backend problems

Hello everyone,

As usual there is probably a simple answer to my problems, but I've been going around in circles.
    Here goes :

I have a view in ExtJs with a simple button. In the handler function, I would like to call a function from my PHP backend (DocumentController.php class).

Now, I absolutely need to call a PHP function as I wish to download a document on the click of the button.
    So what do I need to do in my handler function to call an DocumentController object ? Or do I have to call a plain PHP 4 page ?

Is there an equivalent to :
    PHP Code:
    DocumentController myController = new DocumentController();
    myController.downloadDocument(); 
    Thanks for your help

2. The easiest and quickest way to return results to your ExtJS app is to make an AJAX request to a remotely-accessible url in your PHP app that is configured to return data in a format that ExtJS can make use of (e.g., JSON, XML, etc.).

For downloading files, you'll probably want to simply open up a new window with a url to a page in your PHP app that can manage serving up the file with the appropriate headers, content type, etc.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

The easiest and quickest way to return results to your ExtJS app is to make an AJAX request to a remotely-accessible url in your PHP app that is configured to return data in a format that ExtJS can make use of (e.g., JSON, XML, etc.).

For downloading files, you'll probably want to simply open up a new window with a url to a page in your PHP app that can manage serving up the file with the appropriate headers, content type, etc.

Thread Participants: 1