Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    nak1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Ext.field.Select: reset()

Ext.field.Select: reset()

So I was doing some testing and it seems that the Ext.field.Select's reset method is not being properly called when you call the Ext.form.Panel's reset() method is called. It seems to call the Ext.field.Text's reset method.

Furthermore the Ext.field.Select reset method is as follows:
    Code:
    reset: function() {
            var store = this.getStore(),
                record = (this.originalValue) ? this.originalValue : store.getAt(0);

if (store && record) {
                this.setValue(record);
            }

return this;
        }
    However if you notice this code, it's defaulting the select to be the first record if an orginalValue wasn't set. This, however, is in my opinion is incorrect, because the select might have been blank and then when the reset method is ran, it will not be set to the first item.

What I did was override the method to the following:
    Code:
    Ext.define('Ux.field.Select',{
    			override: 'Ext.field.Select',
    			reset:function(expr){
    				var store = this.getStore(),
    		            record = (this.originalValue) ? this.originalValue : null;

if (store && record) {
    		            this.setValue(record);
    		        }
    				else{
    					this.setValue(null);
    				}
    		        return this;
    				}
    		})
    I'm not certain that this is a bug, more then I feel it's a flaw in the way the process behaves for the Ext.field.Select.
    No longer a Newbie

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When the select field is first shown, if a value was not passed, the value defaults to the first record in the store.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1