You found a bug! We've classified it as DSGNR-3385 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Default not quite...

not quite...

Here's the screenshot of what I see when I run the script. (I extracted it to my c:\temp directory.)kesukomu-mojibake2.png

As you may see, there is something before the xcopy command. Not sure how you inserted the BOM signature, but it appears to not get read properly by DOS.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...
    1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
    Simple. Enjoy.

Vote Rating

Default Issue remains...

Issue remains...

Hey guys, I'm stilling seeing this issue. I'm currently using SA v2.1.0 Build 678 on Win7x64 (Japanese OS).

Have you been able to determine the source of this issue? To me, it seems to be an encoding issue in how Windows handles the text/batch file.

My only work-around is to use ASCII text only and no kanji text in the folder/file names.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

And here are my terms...
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Vote Rating

FYI, I have confirmed that this is also an issue on Mac OSX 10.8.3.

rsync does not understand UTF-8 characters!

Plus, SA does not escape the parenthesis characters "(" & ")" in the pathway. This causes an error when trying to copy.

And here are my terms...
    Simple. Enjoy.

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

We had investigated a fix regarding chcp 65001 on windows but this fails on Windows XP. I think the real fix would be to simply not write the file to disk and just run it as a concatenated command.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Hey Phil,

That might work for Windows, but how about the MacBook?

And here are my terms...
    Simple. Enjoy.

Vote Rating

Yeah this would also work on macbook as well

do stuff && do more stuff && ...
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team