Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ramgovind is on a distinguished road

Default How do I make multiple editors

How do I make multiple editors

If you could provide some editor driver concept to implement multiple editors based on the flavor of the application need, it may be same model, or with multiple models (composite key) associated.

I really appreciate if you could provide some details or throw some light on this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Lets say an example if you have list grid with parent model, upon selection of the row editor be initialized with child model. As I have tab deck upon selection of the row, each tab deck is associated with one model.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure how tabs fit into that picture, but there are several GXT examples using editors and drivers to wire up data, and some of those feed off of selection in a Grid/ListStore/Tree.

Given an item's selection in a grid, allow user to edit it:
    http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...ce:gridbinding

Edit an object, including a list property in it:
    http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...ropertybinding

Given an item's selection in a tree, allow the user to edit it:
    http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...factorybinding

To get a better look at nested editors, check out the GWT documentation on this feature - all of this works exactly the same with GXT 3.
    https://developers.google.com/web-to...GuideUiEditors

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Colin. Hopefully these examples would certainly help me to understand better to implement in our current project.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I could not find an example for PersonPK Composite Key having three unique columns are mapped as Id with PersonProxy, for editor.

Would you please throw an idea on this

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ramgovind View Post
    I could not find an example for PersonPK Composite Key having three unique columns are mapped as Id with PersonProxy, for editor.

Would you please throw an idea on this
    Three columns, each on a different property of the person? Three columns all displaying the ID? Or the ID (i.e. ModelKeyProvider) is based on the contents of three different values in the row?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

yes, this is the one, ID (i.e. ModelKeyProvider) is based on the contents of three different values in the row

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

As with ValueProvider and nulls in intermediate, the PropertyAccess builder can't read your mind to see what you want. Instead, just as with ValueProvider, implement your own with your specific behavior:

Code:
    class MyCompositeModelKeyProvider implements ModelKeyProvider<MyData> {
        public String getKey(MyData object) {
            //TODO make and return a String that represents the key for this object.
        }
    }
    Remember the JavaDoc for getKey: "Gets a non-null key value that maps to this object. Keys must be consistent and unique for a given model, as a database primary key would be used." (emphasis mine).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you!

Thread Participants: 1