View Poll Results: Would you buy a Sencha Eclipse Plugin license if it were a stand alone product?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 76.19%
  • No - I already have it

0 0%
  • No - I don't use Eclipse or have a different solution

5 23.81%
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DaveAlger is on a distinguished road

Default Plan for a stand alone Sencha Eclipse Plugin?

Plan for a stand alone Sencha Eclipse Plugin?

If you really think about it, the eclipse plugin is just a way for developers to more quickly discover and use the extjs framework.

I can still figure it all out by using the very clean online API documentation but having context sensitive code complete allows me to easily experiment and adopt the framework at a faster pace.

Since many of us are in the same boat where we could convince our boss to instantly buy a license for just the eclipse plugin but never convince them to buy a huge package license has anyone come up with an online petition to offer a stand alone license for this tool?

How many other people are like me who love the framework and will continue to try and learn it (slowly) while hoping for a stand-alone offering I can afford?

I can't be the only one to not even install the 30 day trial for fear of liking it too much...

The bottom line is that I believe Sencha will make more money instantly and exponentially due to the lower learning curve and quicker adoption rate of the framework simply by offering the eclipse plugin as a stand alone product.

Certainly Sencha wants and deserves to increase their adoption rate and make money faster so how many signatures are needed to show them this is the case?

Vote Rating
    westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough

I don't use Eclipse, but would be interested in seeing how well the plugin works.
    Will not try it whilst it's tied to the Complete package though.
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    DaveAlger is on a distinguished road

Default yes

yes

Exactly, I would just like to try it out but don't see the point knowing that I won't be able to afford a large package of other stuff I don't need at the moment.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Default I rather like to see Architect converted in eclipse plugin

I rather like to see Architect converted in eclipse plugin

I rather like to see Architect converted in eclipse plugin.

UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    MeklenburgMa is on a distinguished road

I'm using eclipse based ide "Aptana" for developing my web applications, and would greatly appreciate the ext.js eclipse plugin available without the whole "complete" package

- edit -
    as already said here