Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    srikanthvarma is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Auto arrange sub panels in a panel on hiding/adding

Unanswered: Auto arrange sub panels in a panel on hiding/adding

Hi,<br><br>I have a requirement where I need to design a layout that has a main panel with subpanels arranged in 3X2 positions and the sub panels re arranges on hiding or adding one of them. This is to design a dashboard kinda tool which have multiple sections that shows various details of user. Designing such a layout with existing extjs layouts is not a problem but the big challenge is how to auto arrange the subpanels on hiding some of them. Lets say I hide two panels at positions (1,2) and (2,2) the remaining panels should move up and rearrange accordingly without leaving empty space at those positions. Any ideas how to implement this ???

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good idea for a new layout you can create. Or you can use column layout and add/remove the items to where you want them.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The example at below link suits my requirement,
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0...al/portal.html,

but the code is minimized could anyone plz provide code to design such a portal layout.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Portal window height getting reduced by some size when portlet is dragged

Portal window height getting reduced by some size when portlet is dragged

Header not visible(after drag).jpgHeader visible(when not dragged).jpgWindow height getting reduced when drag.jpgHi,

I have used the portal example and customized it for my requirement. I am facing issue when dragging a portlet (especially when the portlets vertically crossed the window height and vertical scroll appears). The height of actual panel body is getting reduced by some size when a portlet at bottom is dragged somewhere due to which the header section is not visible afterwards.

Refer to screenshots.

I dont need any side panel (on left side) as in the example that was shown in sencha examples. Since there is side panel you maynot have faced issue when dragging. Just try the same example with out left panel and see if u face same issue !!!

Note: See that the portlets height is around 500px each so that the portlets in a column crosses the vertical size of the window and a vertical scroll bar appears .

Thread Participants: 1