Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    alex.mcneal is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Container size changes wrong on devices

Unanswered: Container size changes wrong on devices

See image below:

My search bar width isn't behaving correctly with percentage widths. The blue Toolbar is set to 100%. Inside I have a centered container set to 90%, and inside of that I have another centered container set to 100%. Those work correctly. And those are holding the text box and the search button.

I want the text field to occupy 85% of the container, and the button to fill the remaining 15% so I have those widths set in Architect. Both have 5px margins to buffer it inside of the green container. As you can see, the right side isn't doing that and changes depending on size or device. The right side should look exactly like the correct left side.

Also the Search icon isn't perfectly centered, if anyone has suggestions for that too.

Search.png

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This is all CSS and browser behavior. Android has had it's issues with CSS positioning.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1