Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Grevling is on a distinguished road

Default iOS 6 issue with Google Maps

iOS 6 issue with Google Maps

I've got an native app that displays some markers based on what position you have.

My native app was running perfect on iOS 5 & 5.1. And it's running perfect on all Android versions.

But, when I upgraded my test-devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 3) to iOS 6, the app crashes due to "Memory warnings" when the map is shown. I have a startview, where the app does not crash. Does this sound similar to anyone?

The app is wrapped with Cordova 1.7.0 (tried with newer versions, same result)

Sencha version: 2.0.1 (tried with 2.1, same results)

There are no warnings in the iOS 6 simulator when i run it in Xcode.

Edit: To clarify, the app only crashes on the actual iOS6 device. That's what mind boggling to me.
    Last edited by Grevling; 10 Dec 2012 at 5:45 AM. Reason: Clarification

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sounding like an issue with iOS 6 as it's the only place it crashes.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Grevling is on a distinguished road

Yeah, seems like it.

I were wondering if anyone had experienced some similar issues. If so, what possible workaround is there?

Thread Participants: 1