Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Mthor will become famous soon enough

Default scope issue on events

scope issue on events

I add an event to a store and I get the following produced code.

Capture.PNG

shouldn't the scope be created by the generated code?

where scope: me is included? it is not being included for me.

Thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Touch automatically calculates this.

Your onPendingStoreAddRecords should be running in the scope of the class you've defined.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I added an event to the store, in the first post the screen shot is what architect generated, when I go add a record to the store the event is called. Once in the event it is out of scope, since there is no scope: me like it says in the docs. In the docs it states the scope: me gets generated, this is not what is happening. so I am now having scope issues. when I try to access (this) once in the event, (this = the current store that the event was added)

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mthor View Post
    I added an event to the store, in the first post the screen shot is what architect generated, when I go add a record to the store the event is called. Once in the event it is out of scope, since there is no scope: me like it says in the docs. In the docs it states the scope: me gets generated, this is not what is happening. so I am now having scope issues. when I try to access (this) once in the event, (this = the current store that the event was added)
    With the above code paste thats what I'd expect... what is this a subclass of? What did you expect this to be?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

ah, I see what you are saying, ok, I got ahead of myself, yes you are right it is acting as it should., My bad, thanks for clarifying.

Thread Participants: 1