Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PhilMerrell will become famous soon enough

Default Letter Boxed App on iphone 5

Letter Boxed App on iphone 5

My apps are letter boxed when building to iOS/iphone5. Is there a setting I'm not seeing, or a fix in the works?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dsac is on a distinguished road

we're facing the same problem (sencha touch 2.0.1.1, webapp only)

edit: updating to sencha touch 2.1 is no real solution for our project

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    PhilMerrell will become famous soon enough

Default Working now...

Working now...

I discovered today that if you provide the correct size of splash screen images into the root directory of your app, it will no longer letter boxed. (Note: these sizes appear to be different than webapp splash screen sizes).

However the splash screen only appears for a very short time, and is replaced by a white screen until the rest of the app loads. Would love to see the splash screen stay up until the app is ready to be displayed.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nebev is on a distinguished road

Can you elaborate a bit?
    I added "resources/startup/640x1136.png" (which consisted of a pic 640x1136), and added "'640x1136': 'resources/startup/640x1136.png' " to my app.js under [startupImage]. Also tried the reverse (1136x640).

I'm still not getting the full screen size on the iPhone 5. Any ideas? Using 2.1.0.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. I was referring to the Native packager. Got it to work by doing the following:
    * Created a new Image in resources/startup called Default-568h@2x.png
    * Add in the line "rawConfig":"<key>UILaunchImageFile</key><string>resources/startup/Default.png</string>" to the JSON Build file.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rballman is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by nebev View Post
    Nevermind. I was referring to the Native packager. Got it to work by doing the following:
    * Created a new Image in resources/startup called Default-568h@2x.png
    * Add in the line "rawConfig":"<key>UILaunchImageFile</key><string>resources/startup/Default.png</string>" to the JSON Build file.

Did you mean "Default-568h@2x.png" to the "rawConfig"? There is no Default.png...

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stefx is on a distinguished road

Hi nebev, I've add an image file in resource/startup called Default-568h@2x.png and I've added the line "rawConfig":"<key>UILaunchImageFile</key><string>resources/startup/Default.png</string>" in my packager.json but still not working in simulator.

What's wrong?
    thanks
    stefano

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nebev is on a distinguished road

It could be because the packager moves your Sencha App into a directory called "webapp".

The line in my JSON looks like this:
    PHP Code:
    "rawConfig":"<key>UILaunchImageFile</key><string>webapp/resources/startup/Default.png</string>"
    And my file (for iPhone 5) is
    PHP Code:
    [App_Directory]/resources/startup/Default-568h@2x.png 

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stefx is on a distinguished road

Great!
    Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huberte will become famous soon enough

Tried your trick, but still have the error from app store :

Dear developer,We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "your app". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:
    iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.
    Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:
    Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.
    Once the required corrections have been made, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.
    Regards,
    The App Store team
    For the push notification, I leaved it empty in my json file....

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huberte will become famous soon enough

Workaround :

Added Default-568h@2x.png ‚Äč in the root folder