Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-3089 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    deepak_patil1222 is on a distinguished road

Default Architect Crash

Architect Crash

REQUIRED INFORMATIONArchitect Build tested:
    • Build: 676
    Project Type:
    • ExtJS 4.x
    Description:
    • My application was a heavy application with 4 screens and around 100 containers with various layouts. i just added a new store and a model for that . while givin the mapping for one of the model field i gave <NodeName.Field Name> , i think just because of the space in field name it got crashed and i lost everything else. can you please let me know how can i recover it ?? this is bool that i have to again create all this. if you have the solution then please let me know.Thanks in advance.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create a new sencha ExtJs 4.x project
    • add a model in it
    • add model field and in mapping config just give nodeName.field name with space character
    The result that was expected:
    • it should give the proper error message .
    The result that occurs instead:
    • I lost my whole project.
    Possible fix:
    • not provided
    Operating System:
    • WinXP Pro

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Was the project under source control? Do you have any backup xda's?

Can you reliably crash Architect following the above steps? I was unable to in a short test with the above instructions.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

yes i do have a backup xda with me. but that is too old , ill have to unnecessarily work again on some of the screens and stores and models.

I can reproduce the issue with above steps , i did it again now and SA again crashed.

just save the project after above steps and reopen it , and you will find nothing in views controllers and stores. it also deletes the metadata files of the same.

please provide the recovery steps or any workaround here.

attached the screen shot of the error.

SACrash.jpg

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Can you reproduce this with a new project?

I've tried to reproduce it a few times and cannot. If you can reliably reproduce it with your project you can share it with us privately so that we can reproduce it. You can email it to architect.feedback at sencha.com
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default @aconran

@aconran

Hi ,

Please check the attached screen shot of the error , ill separately send my project on the following id.

architect.feedback at sencha.com

SACrash1.jpgSACrash2.jpg

Thanks
    Deepak

Vote Rating

Thanks
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1