Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ccrosetti is on a distinguished road

Default Integrating Architect with Eclipse

Integrating Architect with Eclipse

Hi, I am interested in adopting Architect as a way to off-load UI work from direct JavaScript edits from Eclipse, and to get all the benefits from Architect as a whole.

Think my project as a web app that is built with Eclipse for all he layers and I need to keep the REST, persistence, businness logic and JUnit tests within the Eclipse, bundled and deployed locally with Tomcat, and create and maintain the UI with Architect.

1. Will Architect allow me to set up an HttpStore that will bind the REST backend running in the same box?

2. Can I set tup Architect to store the .js files into the Eclipse workspace folder structure so I will be allways ready to launch the app for debugging/testing with fresh updated JavaScript code from the Architect session (so the Architect project overlaps with the Eclipse workspace at the file system level).

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

I use it that way.

Put SA project in eclipse project's top level folder so you can easily add to version control.

In SA project I set "publish path" to "<Project's folder>/WebContent/"

You should write your own html entry page.

Caveat:

Every time you publish your application from SA you meed to refresh "<Project's folder>/WebContent/app" in eclipse so republish to Tomcat is triggered. You can also set "Refresh using native hooks on polling" in eclipse's preferences dialog.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sounds good, the solution tou are preenting to me loks nice and think I now I am getting eager to try myself, as the caveatyou mentioned is also a step to haev in mind if changes do not reflect instantly. Thank you

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

By the way I dont see an answer to "1. Will Architect allow me to set up an HttpStore that will bind the REST backend running in the same box?".....

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ccrosetti View Post
    By the way I dont see an answer to "1. Will Architect allow me to set up an HttpStore that will bind the REST backend running in the same box?".....
    Of course you can, just put the proxy's URL relative, for example:

./rest/customer

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Thread Participants: 1