Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    squarefan is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Store - sorting not working reliably

Unanswered: Store - sorting not working reliably

Hi@all,

I am experiencing problems with sorters. I tried both defining sort directly in the store with a sorter and also to sort separately (I want to change sorting of store/list on the push of a button - which I have implemented already but it doesn't work reliable - sorts are messed up most of the time).

The value I am trying to sort is of the type float... but somehow it just doesn't re-arrange the store correctly (talking about ~40-50items) that is linked to a list. My understanding is that when I re-arrange the store that the list is updated automatically since I can see the list change when I call e.g. store.sort('bla', 'DESC').

As mentioned also defining a sorter directly on the store does not work correctly/reliably

Code:
                sorters: [
                    {
                        sorterFn: function(record1, record2) {
                            return parseFloat(record1.get('distance')) > parseFloat(record2.get('distance')) ? 1 : (parseFloat(record1.get('distance')) === parseFloat(record2.get('distance')) ? 0 : -1);
                        },
                        direction: 'ASC'
                    }
                ],
    also

Code:
    store.sort('distance', 'DESC')
    returns inconsistent sorting!

Is there a proper way maybe to manually sort a store / re-arranging the items in the worst case with a loop?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    Alex

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So you sort the store once and it works but if you sort it again it doesn't work?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

No, also on the first sort it sorts the first ~20 elements correctly and then it is all mumbled. If I set the store to remote sort true and load it via the backend it is correct though.

If I want to sort locally it doesn't matter if I define it directly in the store or afterwards with the .sort() method... it is not reliable and will return almost random results. I am using 2.0.0 at this time.. 2.1 exhibits the same problem - I temporarily upgraded to that version to test it as well.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Alex

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Nobody an idea? What would be the most efficient way to manually sort the store?

thanks,
    Alex

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    haduki will become famous soon enough haduki will become famous soon enough

"distance" and "bla"
    why you sort different fields in one sorter?
    I write English by translator.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Sorry thats my bad - it is actually only one field per sort (corrected the sample)

So I would like to sort by distance DESC; the store type is defined as float... but it is not correctly sorted. Also if I remove the sorter and do it manually via store.sort('distance', 'DESC') it does not sort correctly.

At the end I want to sort between two different values via the .sort method but it seems that the sorter just sorts it randomly even though I pass the values correctly (either directly at the store or via the .sort method).

cheers,
    alex

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I saw that the store has a method _autoSort: true and I suspect this is the problem. Is there a possiblity to disable any kind of auto behaviour to avoid issues like this?

thanks,

Thread Participants: 2