Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tzalberto is on a distinguished road

Default Represent Files/Folders with TreeStore

Represent Files/Folders with TreeStore

Hi all, I'm using a TreeStore to represent a file/folders structure from a server. I guess the TreeStore uses the NodeInterface object to show each element.

I know there's a leaf property to represent parents (which can be folders) and final elements (let's say files within a directory).

My problem is:
    If I create a folder a need to view it as a folder in the TreeStore so I need to set the leaf property as false but if the folder is empty then everything crashes. I don't know if having leaf = false forces to read children elements. I've tried by leaving the children property as null or empty array but no positive results.

If the folder is new then it's 'almost' sure it will be empty so I need it not to be leaf and painted as parent without trying to look for children elements.

Is it possible to change (and where/how) which property should my app use to determine

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So if you have children : [] it will still look for children when you expand?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1