Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Vishwastalule is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to open external links to app in new window after packaging of app??

Unanswered: How to open external links to app in new window after packaging of app??

I want to add link in my app to the website on clicking on button.
    I have added it on button click but it opens in same window.
    I want to open it in new window.
    How should I do it??

Thanks
    vishwas

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    PhilMerrell will become famous soon enough

I've done some significant searching for this very thing...

I hope someone at Sencha will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is currently a way to do this. You could open up the link on a panel in an iframe, but you would lose scrolling momentum, and some sites block opening in an iframe (facebook, google) to prevent click jacking.

There is a plugin in phonegap called childbrowser that will do this for you, but I'd like to see a childbrowser like class a part of the Ext.Device group. (That and broader control over the info.plist settings.)

This feature is a must have. I hope the Sencha Touch framework can add functionality like this soon. Or tell us how it can be done now.

One of my apps pulls in syndicated content with links, and if a user clicks on a link, there is no way to get back to the app. Lack of a childbrowser also makes oAuth difficult.

Thread Participants: 1