You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-3915 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huberte will become famous soon enough

Anyoine able to repro this white screen on startup ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gfrenoy is on a distinguished road

Default You're not alone

You're not alone

@huberte I'm struggeling for days on the exact same problem.

I started from the very default sencha cmd application ("sencha generate app TestApp ../tst")

On safari or chrome: the application, built with "sencha app build package", is behaving correctly : the "waiting dots" on blue background are shown imediately and then the app is starting.

On the device, built with "sencha app build native" and then copied on the device using iTunes: the loading image is shown for a very short time (say 250msec) then, where I was expecting to see the same "waiting dots" on a blue background, I see a white screen for about 1-2 secs and finally my app is starting.

What is wrong? Why don't we see the waiting stuff before the Sencha application is started?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks ┬žingo, but I think it's the thread for white screen of death, which I red. It seems that the app does not strat at all. here, the app is starting but there is no splash screen.

it's very easy to repro though...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

@ingo.hefti thanks but the application is just running fine! No death here, only a (unacceptable) 1-2 second delay between the moment the "loading" image is hidden and the moment the application is actually starting. During that time, I was excepting the background to be blue with flashing dots but it remains white for 1-2 seconds and then the application is started properly.

It's indeed so easy to reproduce: just build the default Sencha native app, drag and drop to iTunes and synchronise to install the app on your iDevice.

Btw @huberte what device & iOS version are you testing on? Was also curious if you managed to run the app in the simulator and observed the same annoyance ?

Sencha - Support Team
    Vote Rating
    greg.barry has a spectacular aura about greg.barry has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Btw @huberte what device & iOS version are you testing on? Was also curious if you managed to run the app in the simulator and observed the same annoyance ?
    Sorry gfrenoy, didn't see your question

with all devices (ios, android and their respective simulator)

And thanks greg, for the open ticket

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Glad to read this is classified as an official "bug". Thanks for that.

Any idea of the priority of this bug?

I mean: for me it is critical to have correct startup screen for my native app. This white screen in between the loading image and the actual app will not be accepted by any of my customers so I'm stuck with Sencha Touch today.

Do other users and the Sencha team share this point view ?

Thanks for your help.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webuser79 is on a distinguished road

any status on this splash screen issue?

We are about to demo the POC and this is annoying. Not sure why its got less priority?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sorry but I do not see the fix here :

http://cdn.sencha.com/touch/sencha-t...ase-notes.html