Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dojabr is on a distinguished road

Default Rapid .scss development w/o using 'sencha app build testing' for each change

Rapid .scss development w/o using 'sencha app build testing' for each change

All,

After creating an Extjs4 app w/ Cmd, i'm currently having to run

Code:
    sencha app build testing
    each time i make a change to my 'app.scss' just for the sake of having compass convert it to css.

What's the recommended approach to rapid .scss development in the Cmd layout/framework?

Thanks
    doug

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

The "sencha app build" command ultimately delegates into the "build.xml" file generated for your app - that build script has several targets that can be run individually.

In this case, the "sass" and "theme" targets may be helpful to run by themselves. For example "sencha ant sass" or "sencha ant theme".

The guts of the build process can be explored in the ".sencha/app/build-impl.xml" file. I would not recommend changing it as it will be replaced when you upgrade Cmd... but reading it can be very enlightening.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 1