Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webfriend13 is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJs VS other javascript framework

ExtJs VS other javascript framework

Hi All,
    I am using ExtJS for last 8 months and I am very pleased with the controls and features it provides. Now I need to persuade larger group to start using ExtJS. I want to prepare a slide-show which should cover following.
    1) Why ExtJs.
    2) How it is different from Jquery and other competitors?
    3) List out the domains using ExtJS? (List of application from various domains that are making use of ExtJS).
    4) How good is ExtJS support?
    5) How big is ExtJS development community?

Thanks in advance

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ettavolt is just really nice ettavolt is just really nice ettavolt is just really nice ettavolt is just really nice

Actually, JQuery etc are not frameworks but only libraries. The only other framework I've heard is Dojo, but, unfortunately, I have no experience with it.
    So, that is the difference - solutions based on framework are faster to develop, but usually works slower... until app grows large - and then it becomes faster, because framework allows higher-level optimizations.

Ext JS Premium Member jadrake75's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jadrake75 is on a distinguished road

I think in terms of frameworks there are three..... Ext JS, Dojo and SmartClient. Dojo is impressive (and I really like a lot of the changes they made in their latest version) but I have found Ext JS a little easier to work with and develop. SmartClient has rich UI controls (some would say richer than Ext JS) but doesn't have the same MVC/MVP application architecture model built into it unless you use their server side components (which in my mind is not a good choice to built a production web application). You are better off with a solid set of web-services running on the JAX-RS stack or other equivalent technologies and then having a light-weight JS based client. But your mileage will vary. There is also JavascriptMVC which adds a application framework to jQuery (and is very strong on testability) but jQuery-UI is nothing but a handful of controls and I have read there are huge compatability issues with the jQuery add-ons from the public domain (enough I have shied from them). Google Closure looked promising (afterall they did write GMail and Picasa in it) but the entire compile to production / run through a hosted translator during dev turned me off (or I would've sticked with GWT!) Last but not least in YUI, which does have an application framework, but is more of a widget set. They are nice, but a little old as it were. So that leaves you with two independents (ExtJS and SmartClient) and Dojo (heavily backed by IBM - but open source). Sorry the formatting here sucks - this is IE10 and the rich text editor does not allow new lines!!!!
    Stamp Image Bursting Application
    see http://code.google.com/p/stamp-imagebursting/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webfriend13 is on a distinguished road

HI Jadrake75,

Thank you for the reply.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jadrake75 View Post
    this is IE10 and the rich text editor does not allow new lines!!!!
    Really?

So better port Webkit/Chrome to Windows tablets, isn't?

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 MVC
    Server side: EJB 3.1 / CDI / JPA 2 / JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish 3.1.x
    Databases: Oracle 10g & 11g / DB2 9 & 10 / Firebird 2.5

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    prd0000 is on a distinguished road

Default AngularJS

AngularJS

Anyone has experience with AngularJS? I've heard many good things for this framework.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Use AngularJS or any of the other 'great' MVC frameworks out there if you like writing HTML. Writing HTML to produce a web app is a bit like building a fancy 80-floor hotel, by putting one grain of sand in place after the other. Productivity is king!

I'd rather stay in this side of the pond:

Other frameworks deal with HTML’s shortcomings by either abstracting away HTML, CSS, and/or JavaScript or by providing an imperative way for manipulating the DOM.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by prd0000 View Post
    Anyone has experience with AngularJS? I've heard many good things for this framework.
    If you are working mostly with templates, I'd check Backbone.js. Backbone has a dependency on jQuery and Underscore or Lo-dash, but you will almost certainly end up using RequireJS to load your templates and make your code more modular. These are all good libraries.

Ext JS is a component (widget) library and it competes with Dojo and YUI. If you need a component library, Ext JS would be a solid choice.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by prd0000 View Post
    I had a chance to play with AngularJS. It's an impressive framework. It's a very serious competitor to jQuery... and this post explain why:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ery-background

The declarative style of programming saves you a lot of coding. This feature would simplify Ext JS controllers as well if it were available.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    SeaSharp2 is on a distinguished road

> 1) Why ExtJs.
    > 2) How it is different from Jquery and other competitors?

There are very few contenders that qualify as a full service JavaScript framework. jQuery generates a lot of noise but it is really a low level utility layer that supports a chaotic ecosystem, by contrast ExtJS gives you a readymade cohesive framework and productivity out of the box.

Dojo should in theory be an alternative but my day-job is based on Dojo and I know that things are not well in the Dojo camp. This autumn they released a major upgrade that has deprecated large regions of the old Dojo API, for example Dojo now has a new minimal version of ExtJS stores. Even worse, the two long established Dojo grids are to be superseded by a new grid called dGrid but this is not actually part of the official Dojo package instead it is offered by the semi official commercial force behind Dojo (SitePen). The SitePen dGrid has been in beta for over a year and during the autumn I had to offer apologies during product demos about manifest bugs in dGrid's scrolling behavior. I sense the glory days of Dojo have past and their attempt to overlay touch UI behavior over the main library is a source of future trouble.

> 4) How good is ExtJS support?

When the premium forum was open for public read access I got the impression is was good and there is the option to pay for higher levels of engagement.

> 3) List out the domains using ExtJS? (List of application from various domains that are making use of ExtJS).
    > 5) How big is ExtJS development community?

Public stats suggest that jQuery dominates and everything else is insignificant, however the Google API cache cannot distinguish between trival usage of base jQuery and framework adoption by truely rich internet applications. Think of it this way, if Google could unleash a global software worm that measured lines of code executed daily around the planet they would probably conclude that Microsoft's Excel macro language is the most popular programming language.

Don't over strategise software tool selection, large project software development has a high failure rate even with a fair wind, so just select the tools that work today and ignore the dreaded phrase "strategic alignment". Those promoting such strategy will have a new one next year and you will have a completed project.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar