Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    santosr666 is on a distinguished road

Default How to avoid string values of being dragged in number fields

How to avoid string values of being dragged in number fields

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me with this issue:

I have a textfield with a numeric mask, so, user can type only numbers.

Case is, my dear tester is selecting the URL in the browser and dragging it to the mentioned field and it works fine for him, badly to me :-)

Any hints how could I avoid it?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Use the maskRe config
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    santosr666 is on a distinguished road

We already have our own way to deal with incorrect values. In this case, we need to apply same mask used for "paste" event and not show field as incorrect, but I could not managed to get the "drag"/"drop" event. I have tried "mouseup" as well without succeed.

Any other hint?

... by the way, maskRe doesn't work as well. What worked was to change the textfield to numberfield, but my mask is not always a number.

Thread Participants: 1