Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-8107 in 4.2.0.265.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ands@s4m.pl is on a distinguished road

Default Poor validation performace in form panel

Poor validation performace in form panel

Prelude:
    As we know, getErrors method from Ext.from form.field.Field realize validate on field.

Question:

Does anyone know, how many times this method will be perform after open window with form containing (for example) 30 columns ?

Assuming:

Data entered into the form by loadRecord are correct.

Answer:
    it will be:

total_count_calling_of_getErrors = Cartesian product value number of fields + min 2 * number of fields

Where
    1. min2 :
    • initialize()-> hasInvalidField() from [Ext.form.Basic]
    • loadRecord() -> setValues() loop on each field [form]
    2. Cartesian product results from the series of events

For 30 columns we get a round number of 960 times!

Don't believe, just try: http://jsfiddle.net/AndrzejSulej/LrRsu/

Summary:

I understand that we need to be sure of the correctness of the data, but that's an exaggeration ...

Private opinion:
    1. The problem is in the validation cycle events (simple graph after calling loadRecord and next setValues):
      [field]checkChange() -> onChange() -> validate() -> isValid() {getError() -> fireevent ('validitychange)} ->
      [form] checkValidity() ->hasInvalidField() (loop for fields ) ->
      [field] isValid() {getError()}
    2. loadRecord and setValues should suspendCheckChange (similarly as it's done in the method initValue (Ext.form.field.Field)) and on the end of loadRecord we should validate form. Reason: sometimes it happens that we want to do cross-validate, so we have to see all values in fields.Some developers use parallel validation of the model also.
    3. I don't understand why getErrors performs validation. In my opinion it should return actually (last) error collection. I know it's a little bit revolution in code involves a lot of changes.
    According to my philosophy:
    validate() - should really validate field, set error collection and notify validitychange
    isValid() - should only inform how error collection looks like (true/false) - It shouldn't validate
    getError() - if you want to know something about errors (return error_collection) - It shouldn't validate

I solved the problem by overwriting the Ext.form.Basic, but it's not good way when you plan to use next versions of Extjs in the future.

anyway
    Merry Christmas to Everyone

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I moved this to the bugs forum and I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Vote Rating
    westy is just really nice westy is just really nice westy is just really nice westy is just really nice westy is just really nice

Eeek!

I've noticed it getting called a lot, but never actually looked into just how much.
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

Thread Participants: 2