Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-8107 in 4.2.0.265.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ands@s4m.pl is on a distinguished road

Default Poor validation performace in form panel

Poor validation performace in form panel

Prelude:
    As we know, getErrors method from Ext.from form.field.Field realize validate on field.

Question:

Does anyone know, how many times this method will be perform after open window with form containing (for example) 30 columns ?

Assuming:

Data entered into the form by loadRecord are correct.

Answer:
    it will be:

total_count_calling_of_getErrors = Cartesian product value number of fields + min 2 * number of fields

Where
    1. min2 :
    • initialize()-> hasInvalidField() from [Ext.form.Basic]
    • loadRecord() -> setValues() loop on each field [form]
    2. Cartesian product results from the series of events

For 30 columns we get a round number of 960 times!

Don't believe, just try: http://jsfiddle.net/AndrzejSulej/LrRsu/

Summary:

I understand that we need to be sure of the correctness of the data, but that's an exaggeration ...

Private opinion:
    1. The problem is in the validation cycle events (simple graph after calling loadRecord and next setValues):
      [field]checkChange() -> onChange() -> validate() -> isValid() {getError() -> fireevent ('validitychange)} ->
      [form] checkValidity() ->hasInvalidField() (loop for fields ) ->
      [field] isValid() {getError()}
    2. loadRecord and setValues should suspendCheckChange (similarly as it's done in the method initValue (Ext.form.field.Field)) and on the end of loadRecord we should validate form. Reason: sometimes it happens that we want to do cross-validate, so we have to see all values in fields.Some developers use parallel validation of the model also.
    3. I don't understand why getErrors performs validation. In my opinion it should return actually (last) error collection. I know it's a little bit revolution in code involves a lot of changes.
    According to my philosophy:
    validate() - should really validate field, set error collection and notify validitychange
    isValid() - should only inform how error collection looks like (true/false) - It shouldn't validate
    getError() - if you want to know something about errors (return error_collection) - It shouldn't validate

I solved the problem by overwriting the Ext.form.Basic, but it's not good way when you plan to use next versions of Extjs in the future.

anyway
    Merry Christmas to Everyone

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I moved this to the bugs forum and I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Vote Rating
    westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough

Eeek!

I've noticed it getting called a lot, but never actually looked into just how much.
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

Thread Participants: 2